Lost Productivity & Stress in the workplace – What is the real cost?
- In 2014/15, 23.3 million days were lost due to work-related ill health and 4.1 million due to workplace injuries.
- On average, each person suffering took around 15 days off work, 19 days for ill health cases and 6.7 for injuries.
- Stress, depression or anxiety and musculoskeletal disorders accounted for the majority of days lost due to work-related ill health, 9.9 and 9.5 million days respectively.
- The average days lost per case for stress, depression or anxiety (23 days) was higher than for musculoskeletal disorders (17 days). Source http://www.hse.gov.uk/statistics/dayslost.htm
What is the real cost to you?
- Weight Gain/Loss
- Uncontrollable crying
- Sleep problems
- Feeling tired
- Difficulty concentrating
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Nail biting
- Nervous twitches
- Feeling restless
- Loss of interest in sex
- The list goes on…………
The hardest part is admitting you need help. Call a professional who will help you, this is the first step to take.
If you are an employer and wish to refer your staff to me, please also ask about my in-house stress management sessions.